Immortal Imagination

Immortal Imagination
What Can Be Imagined ~ Can Be Done

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Mother's Pride

From a Mother to a Daughter
On her Wedding Day: 
Just after Sunset in Paris 

February 14, 2010

I had watched as you stared out the window of the luxurious Bedroom. I wondered how many countless Woman of time had done just this on their own wedding day. I remember standing here myself, so many years ago waiting for the man I would spend the rest of my life with only to find later that Fate intervened. He died that night while I too was taken from this world but reborn into another. Since then many things have changed. I went from an enraged monster capable of killing on a whim to becoming a lover to a Vampire that felt the same way about the world as I. For many centuries we did unspeakable acts upon humanity but then, once apart I could see my eternity as a bleak dark existence and wanted more for myself than that. Moving alone among the world for a time I had come to rest among a group of Vampires who took me in and made me one of them. Their goal was to change the way of our destiny. To my surprise, the old lover I had been with before was among them and even he seemed somewhat settled.

We lived in relative peace for Vampires, for they are not social creatures and then one day a miracle was brought to us by way of this ex-lover. Satin Rain Thomas, Imp Extraordinaire. She taught us many things but the greatest gift is always love and that, she had an abundance of. We knew not where she came from and it didn’t seem to matter since none of us really chose to go down a path that existed in the past. Instead, we moved forward, changing, evolving, growing and the girl became a woman under our tutelage. Soon it seemed as if she was running us instead of use raising here. We took turns with her education and eventually the time came for all of us to disband. It was decided that Satin would go with Daniel Molloy, to Night’s Island, a private island off the Florida Keys. There she would be protected and her education continued until it was time to release her into the world of humans; somewhat like a wild animal let out from a protected environment for the first time.

Time moves forward in my thoughts to a file locked in memory of when I came to this place known as Shreveport. The details of how I got here and with who no longer matter as they have long been pushed aside for building better memories. Which brings me back to you, Daughter Mine. So, once again I stand here watching you with your own daughter and reflect on the shifting images of my own life and love and feel the overwhelming urge to speak to you now. As I take Rose from you, I look deep into your eyes and speak:  


Laurana, I remember the first time I met you. Such a beautiful girl, but so very lost. You didn’t know where you belonged, if anywhere. My heart beat once that day, the sadness in your eyes went so deep into my soul that I knew the image would be forever burned there for all eternity. But today, even though the image remains, it has been replaced with something else. In its place is an image of a Woman. Self assured but fanciful. Tender but strong. She is now daughter, mother, sister, and a friend to many.

Today will mark another facet to the jewel you have become. Today, you become a Wife. A wife to a man we have come to know as the Son of our Spirit. We took him into our home, trusting him to take care of the one thing he called his Heart. You. He has never broken that trust and so it is with no hesitation that we give you over to him in a permanent bond that no one can break. 

Laurana, I will forever remember the girl and the sadness that reached out to me but today the image of the woman you have becomes out-shines that memory. I love you, Daughter Mine. Am proud to call you Daughter, and will gladly deliver you into the hands of the man known as Son. For you both have filled a place in our existence that was once cold and dark. Though the night has fallen, let us walk into the daylight of a new chapter in a book that will forever be bound full of memories. I’m ready, if you are, darling.

Your Loving Mother, Celeste dé Morte – di Castello

No comments:

Post a Comment